[Sca-cooks] raw egg yolks

The Eloquent Page books at TheEloquentPage.com
Thu Feb 16 09:40:40 PST 2017

I will look forward to reading your translation of Bifron -

Someone just forwarded some information on pasteurizing eggs.  I am
going to try that.  I have made it without the egg so far, using a local
cream.  (I am not sure of the fat content, but it is considerably
thicker than commercial cream, although not thick enough to for a plug
of cream to form, and has not additives.) The recipe makes a very rich,
thick cheese with tiny curds, almost like a slightly grainy cream cheese
or a very fine, thickened cottage cheese.  I am not sure about letting
the whey drain away - there wasn't more than a spoonful.  The texture
smoothed out as I mixed the sugar and rosewater in.  It was very tasty.

Katherine