[Sca-cooks] Cameline and genet

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Thu Jul 20 09:36:13 PDT 2017

That's a useful inventory. Thanks.

I suspect at some point I read  that cinnamon was the defining ingredient
for cameline (as it appears to be) and  got it in my head that that was all
that was in there.

In this case, I suppose we can take the stated combination as the
"official" one, at least as far as the Paris authorities were concerned.

Genet, I know only as the French name for broom. The fact that an ancestor
wore a sprig of it in his hat gave the Plantagenet line their name.

jC

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

In a message dated 7/20/2017 9:18:16 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,