[Sca-cooks] Help! hot beverage problem

Joel Lord jpl at ilk.org
Sat Jun 3 06:06:59 PDT 2017

I've seen a bunch of replies here that have mostly tended toward
maintaining period-ness in beverage and/or presentation.  Do these
matter to you?  Would having a 10 gallon pot of water over a propane
burner like brewers often use fit your requirements?  Or do you want to
put that 10 gallon pot on a wood fire?  (Soap the ever-loving heck out
of the outside of that pot first...)

I've done sbiten as a pre-made concentrate (not quite a syrup, too much
particulate spices) and had a large pot of water over a jet engine with
a ladle for serving.  Don't put that sort of pre-mix in to a small
mouthed jug, though, it's really hard to get back out.  But a few Tbl of
concentrate and fill with water is easy and allows for a variety of
beverages with only a single heat source.

--

Joel of Vestfell

--
Joel Lord
Web Administrator, Alpha Psi Omega Grand Cast