[Sca-cooks] 6th Century Chinese Fermented Milk Products

Alec Story avs38 at cornell.edu
Tue Mar 7 17:35:39 PST 2017

The Ryori Monogatari thread inspired me to get around to translating some
of the fermented milk recipes in Qimin Yaoshu.  They're in scroll six,
after the information on raising sheep, on shearing them, and on making
felt.

Rather than gamble with our mailing list's rocky relationship with unicode,
I've blogged my recipes instead.  I found a ~yogurt recipe, a weird dried
milk skin recipe, and a recipe for what appears to be clarified butter.

I'd love to hear what yous think about it.

http://brewing.alecstory.org/2017/03/dairy-products.html

-Thorfinnr