[Sca-cooks] Trying again: introduction and questions

Sandra J. Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 28 07:35:13 PDT 2017

I'm only just now getting a chance to look at these, and they look quite interesting.  I'll have to look more closely to see how the versions vary, but I rather like having all of them available for comparison's sake.  As Amos says, though, having the original followed by a translation using the same punctuation is good.  It aids in matching phrases if it's a language you know anything about.  But adding a version with cleaned-up punctuation can sometimes help, especially since some older punctuations seems rather arbitrary.

I was a bit confused, however, as you refer to translating a book by Szentbenedeki Mihály, and I don't see anything by that name in the list at the link provided (there are four books there, two in Hungarian, one in English, and one in both).  Is it the Magyar étkeknek fözése?

Sandra