[Sca-cooks] Nuskha-e-Shajahani

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Dec 21 21:04:30 PST 2018

For those general readers left wondering that book is
The Emperors Table: The Art of Mughal Cuisine. 2009.

Article on the author here:

https://www.outlookindia.com/magazine/story/durbar-entrees/213443 <https://www.outlookindia.com/magazine/story/durbar-entrees/213443>

They are very wrong of course when they date the work to the 16th century and then say—"The Alwan-e-Nemat (Colours of the Riches) is possibly the first book in the world to be devoted entirely to recipes and methods of processing and serving food…”

Gee, I think we can name more than a few that are earlier.

Johnna