[Sca-cooks] Nuskha-e-Shajahani

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 22 18:16:52 PST 2018

The Emperors Table: The Art of Mughal Cuisine
by Salma Husain
is another of those frustrating books.

It's not a translation of any particular cookbook

Each chapter is more or less a brief meal using recipes from the time of a particular Mughal shah. I forget (book is home and i'm not) if there's a 16th c. chapter (could be... Ain-i Akbari).

So it is of very limited to those strictly interested SCA-period food. But it's a pleasant tease with meals from other centuries, if one is interested in the development/ changes in Mughal cuisine.

Urtatim al-Qurtubiyya