[Sca-cooks] Mastic

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Wed Oct 17 13:07:12 PDT 2018

 I've used it in small quantities, and I'd call it bland, somewhat astringent. I do not know why anyone would want it in their food. Maybe they used more of it and that changes how it turns out - I've not tried that yet. Chewing it is pleasant enough, though. Firm, not brittle, and your mouth really feels clean afterwards.
Giano

    Am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2018, 20:45:39 MESZ hat Ursula Whitcher <ursula at tutelaries.net> Folgendes geschrieben:

 Has been anyone here ever cooked with mastic? I see it is used in some of
the Andalusian recipes. How would you describe the taste?

--Ursula Georges.