[Sca-cooks] European squash/pumpkin/gourd?

Margaret Rendell m_rendell at optusnet.com.au
Wed Oct 17 16:38:58 PDT 2018

I don't know anything about gourds, but I have seen sweet potato recipes
(although I'm not clear on what plant it was they were referring to as
"sweet potato").
There's a sweet potato recipe in Eleanor Fettiplace (1605?)

I remember entering a competition many years ago with a dish that was
basically fruit paste made with lemon and sweet potatoes. I think it was a
16th Century Spanish recipe. Will try to find it again. (Not the sort of
recipe you were looking for, but it would give a date...)

Margaret