[Sca-cooks] A moment of silence...

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 05:57:19 PDT 2018

So sad dear I own more than seven thousand books and want donate the most
of them. I dont have a family who can take them when I pass away.
All empathy!
Ana

lör 22 sep. 2018 kl. 09:45 skrev Christy <chefchristy at kingstaste.com>:

> Today I stood and watched the cleaning crew doing an inventory and then
> packing away for disposal my cookbook collection. I started it when I was
> 8.
> It included books that my father had in his collection before me.  It had
> etiquette books printed in 1900, and originals from every decade since.  A
> lot of the books were simple volumes, but there were entries for probably
> 75-100 different ethnic, national and thematic cuisines and a few thousand
> years of food history contained there.  I looked at my copy of Curye on
> Inglysh  laid out on the table, covered in soot, and almost cried.
> I know much of it can be replaced, while some of it cannot.  It is the
> decades of curating my collection that I'm mourning tonight.  My own little
> Alexandria.
> Do yourselves a favor: inventory your books. And then go look behind your
> dryer (my house fire was caused by a small hand towel that fell behind the
> dryer and blocked the air intake vent. Don't just clean your lint filters,
> check behind your dryers as well!)
>
> Christianna

https://anavaldes.wordpress.com/
www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci