[Sca-cooks] Mead was halloo the list??

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 21:39:41 PST 2019

On Jan 8, 2019, at 1:05 PM, Matthew Maddoux <tdoughter23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm relatively new to Cookery, but I've been making mead for six and a half
> years now.  Moved on to making some vinegar from my mead and wine; and now
> I'm making cheeses.

I also find this list much easier to work with WHEN stuff gets posted here. It is even easier for me to capture messages from in digest form, for the Florilegium.  But the digest only works when there is a sufficient number of messages coming through.

Also, folks here tend to post more useful and longer messages than I tend to see on fb.

Matthew, here are a few files in the BEVERAGES section of the Florilegium that you might find of interest:
12-Step-Mead-art (16K) 6/15/08 "The Twelve Step Method to Making Mead" by Master Rurik Petrovitch Stoianov.

13thC-Mead-art (10K) 12/ 3/08 "Mead, using a 13th/14th century English manuscript" by Master Rhys Terafan Greydragon.

Chocolat-Mead-art (8K) 11/ 6/11 "Chocolate Mead aka Liquid Sex Mead" by Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer.

Hist-of-Mead-art (74K) 3/31/08 "A Brief History of Mead" by Sorcha Prechan.

Making-Mead-art (131K) 1/ 1/17 "The Making of Mead" by H.L. Barat FitzWalter Reynolds. (Really a small book on making meads, bottling, labeling etc.)

MB-Mead-Brewg-art (17K) 7/22/18 "Mythbusting: Medieval Mead Brewing" by Elska á Fjárfelli OL.

Mead-Mkng-Tps-art (9K) 6/23/05 "Mead Making Tips" by Byron Whited.

mead-msg (178K) 5/24/13 Making mead. Honey based alcoholic beverage.

meadery-list-msg (26K) 12/ 1/18 Lists and reviews of commercial meaderies.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/idxbeverages.html

You might also want to check out the FOOD-DAIRY section, as well.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris