[Sca-cooks] Vinegar Making?! Was Re: halloo the list??

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Jan 10 19:49:11 PST 2019

Verjuice is made from unripe fruit, grapes, crab apples, etc., depending on
what was available, grape verjuice being the most common.  Unripe fruit
tends to be acidic with the sugars undeveloped.  If you used unripe table
grapes, it would likely work fine.  You would probably need access to a
grower to get unripe table grapes.

Bear

Thank you! I thought that the sweetness of table grapes vs. wine grapes
might be an indication of why wine grapes, or more specifically non-ripe
wine grapes, would be better for making verjuice but I wasn't sure.

Stefan