[Sca-cooks] Kalács

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Wed Jan 16 05:55:27 PST 2019

Kalacs.

Since the same error show up in my email reader on the incoming mail, I
would say it is an issue with an incomplete implementation of UTF-8 in the
mail server application.  Curiously, for me, the error appears only to
afflict the body of the text and not the Subject line.

Bear

Thank you for the redaction.

But what is the name of this recipe, without using the special characters?

I'm not sure how this "Kal�cs" comes through to you, but I'm seeing an
upside down question mark as the fifth character and then a "1/2" character.
With helvetica chosen in my browser. Obviously not even a variation on what
was intended. In the past it was the digest version that gave me problems,
but apparently my email program is as well.

What font did you originally write this in? I thought that unicode was
supposed to solve this, but I don't see a way to specify unicode anywhere in
my Safari browser.

And I'll still have this problem, or my readers will, when I put this into
the Florilegium.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Stefan