[Sca-cooks] illusion feast

Alexander Clark alexbclark8 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 14:20:14 PST 2019

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 15:04:09 -0500, The Eloquent Page <
books at theeloquentpage.com> wrote:

> I am looking for some ideas for a dish for an illusion feast using
> frozen cod or haddock, as I have a quantity of both of these free.? Any
> ideas?

These should be good for mixing with fruit & spice to make a filling for
decorative pastries.  See, for example, Tart de Brymlent in the _Forme of
Cury_, and Rapeye in "Vyaunde Furne3" in _Two Fifteenth-Century
Cookery-Books_ ed. by Thomas Austin.  Also see chastletes in the _Forme of
Cury_ for an example of decorative pastry that can have a fruity filling.

--
Henry of Maldon/Alex Clark