[Sca-cooks] Rumpolt translation

Sharon ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Fri Jul 12 10:42:01 PDT 2019

I think many of you know that I have been working on a translation of Rumpolt's Ein New Kochbuch for several years.  Because of poor health, it's been on hiatus for a couple of years, and I am trying to finish it now.

The translation is about 95% finished at this point, all the menus, all the recipes, and the Kellermeisterey at the end are translated, all that remains is part of the Forward.    And the Forward, is mostly very florid prose, difficult to translate, and most not directly connected to food.

I made a yahoo mailing list called Cooking Rumpolt which was significantly helpful, but has also been dormant.  It has also been flakey and wouldn't let me up date the files with the current version (mostly typo corrections).

To help encourage me, I started a new group on Facebook, also called Cooking Rumpolt.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/491336731644563/  Like the old list, this is mostly geeky stuff about translation questions.

If you know anyone that might be interested, please forward this message.
Response has been very encouraging, 60 members in less than a day.  Now I just need to focus and do some translating.

I got started on this project because of the encouragement of this list.  Thank you.

Ranvaig