[Sca-cooks] Onion Leaves with Beef

Julia Szent-Gyorgyi jpmiaou at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 21:16:19 PDT 2020

levél: leaf
lével: with sauce

Beef with onion sauce.
Wash the roast nicely, put it on the spit, wash it nicely, salt it,
roast it. When you want to make its sauce, peel the yellow onions
nicely, put it in clean water and wash it. In a clean dish slice the
onion widely and put it into a clean pot, onto that nice fat beef
broth, as many dishes [servings] you want to make, accordingly. And if
you want to make it for just one table, you will need three or four
onions; then when you put the broth on the onion, boil it, but do not
cook away [overcook] the onion too much, take out that sauce, vinegar
it, ginger it, pepper it; when its roast is done, pound it [??], take
it down [from the spit], cut it in a dish, pour the sauce onto it, as
is proper.

Number 14 under "Hen" (chicken) is the same thing: cook sliced onions
in beef broth (again specified to be "good and fat"), add vinegar and
spices, and serve. The difference is that it specifies mace instead of
ginger for the chicken version.

Julia
/\ /\
>*.*<