[Sca-cooks] Régime du corps

Sam Wallace guillaumedep at gmail.com
Sat May 9 15:37:42 PDT 2020

Dear Lady,

I very much appreciate the references, especially the last as it has a good
bibliography. The second I already had noted and am using quite a bit.
There is a glossary of terms from Old French to Modern French at the back
of the book that has been very helpful. The first is useful for providing
context, something that is always welcome in translating older texts.

Yours,

Guillaume

> I found some information on it that is pretty interesting.
>
> https://francearchives.fr/commemo/recueil-2006/39148  <- in French but
> here is the google translation:
> Le R?gime du corps d'Aldebrandin de Sienne (FranceArchives)<
> https://francearchives.fr/commemo/recueil-2006/39148>
> Et si le fist maistre Alebrans de Florence, en l?an de l?incarnation Jhesu
> Crist M.CC.LVI ans ?. ? cette date, la m?decine est devenue depuis peu une
> discipline universitaire dans quelques villes de l?Italie septentrionale,
> comme ? Paris et Montpellier.Il est d?sormais reconnu que la pratique
> m?dicale doit se fonder sur un savoir th?orique, sur une connaissance du
> fonctionnement ...
> francearchives.fr
> https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k6458299v/f101.image.texteImage <-
> This is a copy from 1911. According to the website, the text is still Old
> French.
> Le r?gime du corps de ma?tre Aldebrandin de Sienne : texte fran?ais du
> XIIIe si?cle, publi? pour la 1re fois, d'apr?s les manuscrits de la
> Biblioth?que nationale et de la Biblioth?que de l'Arsenal / par MM. les Drs
> Louis Landouzy et Roger P?pin,..<
> https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k6458299v/f101.image.texteImage>

> https://www.arlima.net/ad/aldobrandino_da_siena.html <- Based upon this
> page, there are translations into Latin and Italian but not modern French
> or English
> Aldobrandino da Siena | Arlima - Archives de litt?rature du Moyen ?ge<
> https://www.arlima.net/ad/aldobrandino_da_siena.html>
> Aldobrandino da Siena (Aldebrandin de Sienne), m?decin italien auteur d'un
> R?gime du corps et d'un trait? latin intitul? Practica oculorum (13e si?cle)
> www.arlima.net
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Lady Isabella D'Angelo

Virus-free.