[Sca-cooks] OP Mesopotamian Recipes

Sam Wallace guillaumedep at gmail.com
Sat May 9 15:47:38 PDT 2020

All,

I recently came across this article titled "The Ancient Mesopotamian Tablet
as Cookbook" (
https://www.laphamsquarterly.org/roundtable/ancient-mesopotamian-tablet-cookbook)
and wanted to share it here. It is an excerpt of "Ancient Mesopotamia
Speaks" which coves quite a bit of the contents and context of the Yale
Babylonian collection with a focus on their tablets. The majority of the
culinary section is in this article. There are additional bits giving
illustrations of seals and other depictions of foodways as well as other
sections that I am interested in, so I am pleased with my purchase of the
book. If you are only interested in the recipes, though, just enjoy the
article.

Yours,

Guillaume

Virus-free.