[Scriptoris] introductions, please

Kimberly Koch sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 14:25:37 PDT 2001

Hi all,

I am curious to know who all is on this list, as I am
certain it has grown considerably since its inception.
I would love it if we could all take a minute or two
to introduce ourselves.

Everyone, please write a little something, whether you
are a laurel with years of experience or a brand-new
scribe - I really want to know all about you, and I'm
sure we'll all enjoy getting to know each other a
little better.

I'll start:

I'm Sara Penrose, current Star Signet. What's a Star
Signet? Well, the short answer is that I'm the head of
the College of Scribes. That means that the regional
scribes and the Sable Scroll report to me, I report to
the Star Principal Herald, and I am responsible for
things like approving new charter designs for the
kingdom.

I currently live in Stargate, although I lived in the
Steppes area for many years. I have been involved in
scribal stuff since I started in the SCA 9 years ago.
I started out by painting charters for the kingdom
(which I still do when I get a chance), and I now do
both calligraphy and illumination.

At the moment, I am working on a peerage scroll done
in the style of a period legal document.

So, what's up with all of you?

Sara