[Scriptoris] introductions, please

Rhonda Hays RHays at pimout1-int.prodigy.net
Mon May 7 09:12:23 PDT 2001

Greetings,

My name is Medb Liath and I am a beginner at all of this.  I decided to try
my hand at calligraphy and illumination because I wanted to challenge myself
and do something I have never done before.  So far, I have painted a few
charters and done one original just to see if I could actually do it.

I live on the far northwestern reaches of Elfsea.  We have a great guild
here, but work schedules and a small child make it hard for me to get to and
from meetings during the week.  So, having this list, plus the website are a
great boon for folks like me.  Charter painting tables at big events are
also wonderful.

Eventually, I would like to learn more about period materials.  Right now,
it is all I can do to master the pronunciation of "gouache" much less the
use of it.  I like dip pens, rather than cartridge.  I have used fountain
pens most of my adult life, so the others are more of a challenge for me to
handle.  I am building a little collection of books for reference for future
projects.

I look forward to meeting some of you at various events.

in service
Medb Liath