[Scriptoris] Dry Pigments

Star Signet Herald star_signet at ansteorra.org
Thu Dec 5 06:04:06 PST 2002

Hi all!

Lady Lete mentioned dry pigments in her reply to my gold leafing questions.

I just was wondering if anyone else out there has experimented with dry
pigments.  And if so, what were your findings?  How did it go?  What was really
neat about them?  What was not so great?  Are you continuing to use them?  Or
do you prefer the premixed tubes of paint?  Where did you get them?
What "brands" did you use?  Did you use a mortar and pestle or mullet and
marble to grind them?  Which did you find easier?  Would you recommend dry
pigments to others?  And if so, for which projects?  And if not, why?

Please post your replies to the list, so that others might benefit from your
knowledge and expertise.  :-)

Thanks!

Annais