[Scriptoris] Actually.....attempt at "dark" hours scroll

ches ches at io.com
Sun Mar 16 18:59:42 PST 2003

Actually, I have all the documentation I need on the periodness of the use
but thanks anyway Ari! More is always good! :)

(The Burning of Troy from Mira Calligrapha)

It is a skin fully prepared by the famous Rick Cavasin. Indigo Blue is
basically 'denim' blue.  He only uses traditional dyes, and indigo is the
only blue dye there is (The dyestuff in Woad is chemically identical to the
indigotin contained in the various plants that are used to make indigo).

I ended up having to apply a sheet of lightly moist linen to the piece and
placing it under 20 pounds of weight to get it to flatten out. It was so
tightly wound (small piece 10x12) I was unable to even unroll it so that it
would stay flat enough for me to place any weight on it. I unrolled it with
the linen in hand and it eased the stress that the piece was definitely
undergoing. I held it with my hands for about 20 minutes so that it would
soften enough to place the weights on it.

I am just amazed at what it looks like! It is exactly like you described
Serena!! I have this beautiful deep blue sheet of paper now and of course
there is a little crinkle in it from the moisture but it could not be
helped. It was either this or discard the beautiful skin as unusable. It
really would not unroll when it was dry. :(

Ches