[Scriptoris] RE: award scrolls and introduction

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 17:00:38 PDT 2003

Books of hours are generally written first, then bound, and there is a whole set of theory on
measurements for borders before binding and lots more when it comes to books.  Some scribes have
bookbinding experience, but there is also an SCA Yahoo binders list under Yahoo groups.

For source material, you can duplicate a historical book, or use their layout as a template, make
small artistic changes for your theme (your shield instead of theirs) and you can use whatever
text you want, theirs, or a poem or story that is modern or SCA related.  Sky's the limit
depending on what you want to do with it.

Cheers, Hillary