[Scriptoris] Supplies & Books

Jocelyn Hinkle scribe_ari at lycos.com
Fri Jan 31 16:20:09 PST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:43:36
 Diane Rudin wrote:
>--
>
>I am in complete agreement with the books Sara listed...what a shock.
>I'm sorry to hear that *Secreta* is out of print; I never managed to get a copy.

For all of you looking for Rare and way out of print, talking hundreds of years here, books. CHeck out www.abebooks.com

I can not say enough good things about this site. It put me in possession of 3 books I have been after for years for less than $60. It has book listings from international book sellers. Pay close attention to the quality notes on the book for sale.

As for resources, our venerable laurels have covered most all the books in my possession. But I will chime in with a vote for sable brushes for european work, horse and or handmade cat hair for near eastern. The type of painting you are doing makes all the difference in the world, and every artist has their own taste.

To sum up.. try a spectrum and stick with what works best for you.

Yes I have used cat hair brushes, that fiddly detail work on Safavid paintins cant be done with anything thicker than a whisker without going insane.

Cheers, Ari
---
Is there enough of God left, in the dust
between the stars, to dance up more
life than your fragile ego can stand?
Scribe_Ari at Lycos.com