[Scriptoris] rare books

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 09:37:37 PST 2003

...And humidity-controlled.  If I remember correctly (and Ari will correct me if I don't) optimum humidity for conservation is about 50-60%.  Lower & things dry out; higher & mold grows.  Just a thought to keep in mind, especially for those living in chronically dry areas.  I grew up in Houston.  If you can't see the water in the air, it's too dry.  :^)

--Serena

 Lisa Baumer <elenek1 at msn.com> wrote:
 Something nobody else has bothered to mention. The one thing I remember
from my one and only foray into the special collections room at A&M was the temperature. These rooms are usually strictly climate controlled and tend to be COLD. If you go visit one bring a light sweater, even in August.