[Scriptoris] Source for feathers

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 13:44:57 PST 2003

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my shopping ability, Ches. :^)  The places I'd recommend are the ones that Hillary recommended.

One thing:  please, please don't use ostrich feathers.  They're totally inaccurate, being too thin and weak to ever be used as pens.  Use goose, duck, or swan feathers--flight primaries.  I give extra points if they're properly stripped & trimmed.  I know you're planning on putting Bic pens into the shafts, but using the wrong sort of feather, even for a sham pen, is a major twitch of mine.  I scream at the screen every time I see an ostrich-plume "pen" in movies.  I scream things "unbecoming to the dignity of a peer."

On the other hand, I had a "private moment" right there in the movie theatre during the writing scene in "Shakespeare in Love", when he not only uses the correct sort of pen, but he also knows the correct way to make pens.  I'm sure I'm wearing out that section of the videotape.  (Robin's wearing out the combat scenes.)

--Serena