[Scriptoris] Steppes Warlord Scribal Activities

Star Signet Herald star_signet at ansteorra.org
Tue May 27 07:14:18 PDT 2003

Greetings to the list!

My! What an interesting time we had at Warlord this past weekend.  For those of
you who missed it, you missed the rain, the flood, the thunder, the lightning,
the 2 day court, the Arts and Sciences competition, and a great deal of fun.

I want to thank HL Muireann and her staff for organizing such a great event,
even though by Sunday everyone was all packed up and off site heading for
higher and dryer land.

If you did not get by the A&S to see the prize scrolls, you missed a chance to
see beautiful artwork.  Many scribes worked many long and tiring hours on a
strict deadline to provide the scrolls that would be given out in court.  They
did a marvelous job.  Vivat to all of you!  And thank you for giving of your
time and supplies to ensure that the Warlord Champions would have a visual
rememberance of this event.

I also want to thank Mistress Curstaidh and HL Arabella and Lady Lisabetta who
volunteered to run a shift at the charter table and ended up staying all day
when I had other responsibilities to attend to.  They were the ones who kept
the table stocked with paints and charters and candy and all the rest.  Thank
you very very very much.  Mere words can never express the gratitude that I
feel!  Again, thanks!

Thank you also to those who did show up and paint charters for the Kingdom and
the smaller prize scrolls for the Steppes.  You did a valuable service.  Vivat
to you!

Unfortunately all the Sunday activities were cancelled due to the rain and
flood.  I am sorry we weren't able to have the Scribal Tea.  I was really
looking forward to putting faces to names.  And hearing what thoughts and ideas
you have.

But not to worry!  There will be another chance for us to get together.  There
is a meeting of scribes at Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal Symposium in the
Canton of Westgate (Houston, TX) on the 28th of June.

I also want to congratulate the following scribes:

Lady Lete-awarded the Oak of the Steppes! (who was just tickled pink!)
HL Suzanna the Herbalist-awarded Sable Thistle Scribal Arts! (boy was she
shocked!!!)
Baroness Alys-Queen's Glove!  (Another one you could have knocked over with a
feather!)
HL Ceinwen-Star of Merit! (Dazed and Confused, and very well earned)
Rosalia di Belavita-Mistress of the Pelican (well deserved! Her scroll text
went on and on and on-it's about 275 words... I counted!)

Vivat!!!

If I have left anyone out, I am terribly sorry.  Please post it to the list so
we can congratulate those in the scribal community.

Hugs!
Annais