[Scriptoris] Dealing with the backlog (was: commissions??)

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 03:58:48 PDT 2003

I agree having a team handle peerages would be really nice, and I have seen the results of such a team..."The Abby" I think they call themselves. They have done beautiful work.

Why are there so many who do not have scrolls:
1. Pelicans are just doing what comes natural and do not see a reason for one, Knights want to fight, teach, and lead and who needs a scroll for that, and Laurels can always make one for themselves if they really want one...they may have to learn a new art, but that is no problem...(please realize that each of these coments is said with the greatest level of respect, no disrespect intended).
2. Some do not know that they have to either contact a scribe, or our esteemed leader to get one...I was amazed when I heard a freshly made peer coment that her peerage did not receive a scroll to a person in another kingdom...I had to dive in and rescue.
3. People have no idea how to repay a scribe for their work. And since they have to ask for this scroll, there is now that feeling of having to pay for the scroll. I know in some kingdom, pay is exactly what they do. I would also have no idea of how to "charge" someone for an award they received for volenteering their services selflessly for years...catcch the problem in that.
4. Finally, many many many of our peers are simply too humble to ask.

All of the above are my observations through discussion and having really big ears.

your servant,
mahee