[Scriptoris] scribal catch 22

Tamberlin tamberlinofnk at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 18:42:26 PDT 2003

I was an artisticly minded person before I every
joined the SCA (the couple that got me in heard artist
& pointed me at the nearest scribe :) So I can safly
say even the best scribe/calligrapher/whatever out
there had to start somewhere.  Don't be embarassed.
Most of the decent folk out there have been in your
position and would be happy to help & give you
specific guidance so that one of these days there'll
be some newbie coming up to you and saying "wow, I'd
never be able to do that".  Start with your local
guild or hunt some of us down at events.  Just don't
give up because after 10 years of practice they've
gotten good at the tricks to hide their mistakes.

Tamberlin

=====