[Scriptoris] RE: award scrolls and introduction

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Fri Sep 12 18:47:39 PDT 2003

> It might help to go to Hobby Lobby and pick up a
> cartrige calligraphy pen. Also pick up some nice
> paper. Strathmore or Brostol are both good.

my own trick was to go to Staple/OfficeMax
(or equivalent) and get a package of the blue graph paper.
Practicing on this helped keep the lines level and the letters vertical
Until the hand had the "muscle memory" thing starting to happen.
But my best adjustment was to look at it as 'drawing' each letter,
emphasizing the shape over the content, not writing like my everyday
scribbles- content winning over form- no doubt the source of my
continuing bad penmanship, but relatively legible calligraphy.
Betsy/Pyro- not known as a scribe, but lurking here to learn.