[Scriptoris] regarding scrolls not received

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 08:51:59 PDT 2003

--- Beth Hansen <Beth at stormreaver.net> wrote:
> Something that I was wondering about...
> First question:  If someone does not get their scroll for whatever reason,
> for whatever award.... And it is created at a later date... who signs it?
> The current king and queen?  The people who were crown at the time of its
> awarding? Does one of the Heraldry office people sign it?  Is it dated on
> the creation date, or the award-given date?   How do we handle non-peer
> level awards that didn't ever get done? Are they part of the backlog, or are
> they bleep out of luck?
> curiously,
> zubeydah

In some cases the Crown did not get a scroll to present at the court.  Maybe it was not known till
late that the award would be given, maybe wires were crossed between the recommender and the Crown
who gave the list to their Sable Scroll.. for whatever reason the person did not get a scroll.

First, check with the local herald or Baron/Baroness to make sure they don't have it in their
files and have forgotten to pass it along, it may be in the files of their predicessor.  If no
scroll, then you can request a new scroll from Sable Scroll.  When I replace someone's scroll, I
like to try and find out their colors and paint up a special charter for them, so I don't bother
Sable Scroll with it, since they tend to be busy with current work.   So, either way, get a
painted scroll.

Then the dates, etc. that get callig'ed on it, are from the actual court it was given in(date,
location, year), and the Crown who presented it back then.  If the Crown is still playing in
Ansteorra, then a signature can be obtained from them (may need to take a pen for them to use).
Else, if it doesn't matter if it's their 'actual' sig. or not, Sable Scroll maintains a signature
file, and can duplicate the signature of that Crown.  So, a replacement charter should have the
signature of the presenting Crown, (not the heraldic officer or the current Crown).

Cheers, Hillary
(sometimes a herald as well as scribe...best to know a bit of both worlds.)