[Scriptoris] displaying the scribes work (was rewarding scribes)

lizdenpeters@juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Thu Jan 1 23:21:33 PST 2004

Some time ago, I was in charge of merchants at an event and set up an
area in the middle of merchants row for an original scroll to be
displayed along with its documentation.  This accomplished two things.
1) Even people who do not normally look at displays were aware of it due
to its location, and 2) It generated additional interest in the scribal
arts.

It didn't take up much space, 4' maximum, and generated a lot of comment
and interest.  This was not an A&S thing.  I just did it to promote
interest in the scribal arts since it was good and I had just started
painting.  Perhaps a similar approach at some events would be helpful.  I
am always hearing about award scrolls being needed and to recruit
additional artisans for this effort needs some promotion.  Painting is a
relaxing and rewarding activity, and, as stressful as most people's lives
are, it can be a great break from the hustle and bustle of our daily
lives.

Also, it is my understanding that a handbook for scribes is being worked
on at this time.  I am very interested in its progress.  Does anyone on
this list have any information regarding this handbook?  When is its
projected completion date?  What will the cost be?  Will it be available
on-line?  Inquiring minds would like to know.

YIS,

Nuala

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:45:17 -0600 "Ansteorra Star Signet"
<star_signet at ansteorra.org> writes:
> hmm recognizing the scribes and Illuminators  and letting their work
> be seen
> in more places particularly finding a suitable venue other than the
> quick
(Snip!)