[Scriptoris] peerage patents

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 17:42:14 PST 2005

--- Diane Rudin <serena1570 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> But period printing would be interesting, although I doubt the kingdom could
> tell the difference.
>
> --Serena the Cynical

Depends, I think on how it was printed, via lithography or with a letter press.
If heavy pressure is used the letter shapes are almost embossed onto the page, and
you can certainly tell it was a printed page.
There is a new printers group started up at:
scapnt at yahoogroups.com

And a few of us have had some experience at printing - me, very little letterpress, but via a
guild at the Museum of Print History in Houston (note to self - must do that again), and Lyonette
of Steppes does printing professionally on etched plates primarily, I think, rather than
letterpress.