[Scriptoris] a question of paper

RS Long newsletters.rsl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 15:23:17 PDT 2005

Lillias

It has been a long time since I copied the first scrolls as Star Signet. I
first used that "vellum"-look paper and an office copier. That's how I found
out that the toner scratched off after a bit of handling and the paper was
not the best quality. You will probably get some good suggestions from more
recent scribes, but one good bet is to take your work to a Kinko's or other
well-established copy shop and tell them what you want to do with it.
Acid-free, archival paper, if possible and something that you can paint onto
without moisture from the paint wrinkling the paper . They know their paper
and printers best and I'll bet they can help you.

Mstrs. Zinaida