[Scriptoris] Need discription of the Sable Talon Badge

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 17:17:03 PDT 2005

--- francis.schalles at ttuhsc.edu wrote:
> Greetings Noble and Gentle Persons,
> I need the description of the Sable Talon award so that I may assist the
> recipient in producing
> a badge. Any help will be honored greatly.
> Troye de Leon
> Western Cross Herald,
> Barony of Bonwicke.

While this question was in regard to the insignia, I want to advise that
I currently have one new Sable Talon charter scroll with the potential of a second
on the way.  If anyone wants to design a Sable Talon scroll the specifications are:

Type of Award: Award of Arms
Badge: None yet registered
Charter:  size 9" x 12"

Text:
Know ye that we
___(when possible leave full line for names)____
 King and Queen of Ansteorra
in consideration of prowess in the field of
___ (category to be entered) ______________
do by this our Charter award unto
______(leave full line for recipient name) ______
the Award of the Sable Talon of Ansteorra
with all responsibilities and privileges
thereto appertaining.  This is so done and
give in our
________(full line for branch name if possible) ___
on the ___ day of ___ Anno Societatis ___ being
Anno Domini ____.

King (Rex)    Queen (Regina)

All the above is found at the new Ansteorran Award Texts
document found on the Heralds and Scribes pages:
http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/herald/library.htm
(second item: Award Texts)