[Scriptoris] KWHSS follow-up

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 18:01:59 PDT 2006

--- Felicia Forder <feliciamccann at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My Lords and Ladies,
>   A huge thank you to the many of you I saw KWHSS. I traveled from the far northern lands of the
> Village of Wynandermer in Northshield (North central Minnesota), and it certainly was worth the
> trip, thank you all for your great kindness to a newcomer. I look forward to seeing you in Caid
> next year.
>
>   Does anyone have contact information for the gentleman who was showing samples of manuscripts,
> books of hours etc. in the common room at KWHSS ? My apologies I have misplaced his name.
>   Thank you.
>   Felicia von Finsterwalder
>   (the nun)

Ditto!  I had a blast visiting with scribes from other kingdoms and chatting about kingdom
differences, as well as new spiffy tools and techniques.  The Gleann Abhann group did a fabulous
job coordinating this event, their first Knowne World event as a new kingdom; and they proved that
southern hospitality is not dead, as they worked hard to make the event seem easy and provide for
everyone's need.  Excellent job!

Yep, you heard right - next year's event is in Caid, in the Los Angeles area I think, so scribes,
this one is not to be missed as I hear they are planning tours of the Getty and Huntington
library, and I suspect some great scribal classes - start saving your pennies, I'm in.