[Scriptoris] Trimaris Golden Quill Competition [Jacksonville, FL]

hsetrinity at aol.com hsetrinity at aol.com
Fri Nov 17 07:34:03 PST 2006

 I would like to participate in this, but I'm already committed to cook all day at Candlemas.
I propose that we make this an an ongoing competition, (maybe quarterly?) in order to promote participation, since almost every event will have someone in a similar circumstance (We scribes are notoriously service-oriented and well-rounded *g*).  I think that would not only promote the scribal arts beyond charter painting (*Please note: I think that Charter painting tables at events are terrific exposure and I LOVE painting charters - I find it very relaxing and enjoy the comaraderie, but I am also very much in favor of encouraging people to take the next step on their journeys into creating original works. I too often hear "Oh, I can't do that", or "My work isn't good enough"), allow for more teaching venues, ("I decided on a Lutrell Psalter-inspired illumination because it's not only simple to paint, but the alphabet is one of my personal favorites and I can do it freehand without worrying much about errors - let me show you." ) and show the diversity of styles that are available.

My two cents (actually, from my rambling, I guess this would equal three cents!)

~Suzanne Beraud

Non Sum Iniquus