[Scriptoris] Classes wanted on Framing techniques and considerations

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 17:33:15 PST 2006

Greetings,

At the next King's College or Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal Symposium (summer 2007), or any
other collegium in the kingdom, I'd love to see a few classes offered on Framing Techniques and/or
Scroll Presentation and Preservation Techiques.  I know there are a few of you out there that have
experience in framing art (as I'm blind copying this to you! :->  ) and I'd love to see the
knowledge shared with the scribes of Ansteorra.  If you guys know of someone not a scribe, please
encourage them as well.

I'm not looking for a professional level class on picture framing, but more basic, such as what
commercial products can be found at Hobby Lobby, what to ask for from the frammer, terms, and what
to consider with regard to framing/finished artwork when the scribe is designing their scroll; how
to put it all together at the end.

So, you have been forwarned to start working toward a class or two, with good lead time.  I have a
Logan matcutter system I can loan for a class, if needed.   I very much look forward to it.