[Scriptoris] Trimaris Golden Quill Competition [Jacksonville, FL]

Sandra D lady_sabine_dubois at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 13:34:26 PST 2006

I suppose that you are right about the Visconti hours being able to be completed in this time frame.  I guess I just froze when I saw the time limit!  :)

  I do like the idea of a competition to produce the scrolls though.  I didn't realize  that we could turn in original scrolls to be held until they are needed.  That way you don't have to wait for a commission to come available.

  Sabine

Aubree Pham <muirenn at gmail.com> wrote:
  I think it sounds exciting! I spoke with someone at the Heraldic & Scribal
Symposium this summer about trying to start up a division of 'combat
scribes' in Ansteorra that did exactly this sort of thing. There are always
designs floating around in my head that I never seem to get around to
actually painting, and this sort of competition would be right up my alley.
Even if the scroll weren't fully completed within that time limit, I know
that I could at least make a huge amount of progress on a design I'd been
thinking of for a while. :)

Obviously there are some styles that would be much more suited to this
format than others. I could easily see completing a Spanish charter, or
something inspired by Visconti in such a short time, but only because I'm
much more familiar with those styles. Something like the 'squashed bug'
Dutch style or any sort of Celtic knotwork would be right out, for me at
least.

I think there are a lot of possibilities here, and I get more and more
excited just thinking about them!

-Katarzyna Nikolaieva