[Scriptoris] Champion/Prize Scrolls or Historical Reproduction/Interpretations

Chiara Francesca chiara at io.com
Fri Sep 29 12:12:22 PDT 2006

I know first hand what Serena outlines here.

I always create what I like to call 'replicas' of a period piece.
(My favorite style being the work of Joris Hoefnagel in the Flemish
and Hungarian style, http://scribe.ansteorra.org/17chiara.html, the
collection known as Mira calligraphiae monumenta.) I will do the
text in the hand that is in the original along with the art that is
from the same original.

When I did a display only of my work I had more written commentary
and visitors that the display that was in the competiton next to me.
When asked why I was not competing I asked them back, did your read
the text. They would pause and smile then laught out loud. It was
not an SCA scroll. :)

This alone told me what good work it was. It would have passed
nearly every one's criteria since no one bothered to read it until I
revealed that they needed to. :)

Chiara