[Scriptoris] Sable Crane or Thistle?

Ciard49@aol.com Ciard49 at aol.com
Tue Mar 7 18:11:08 PST 2006

In a message dated 3/7/2006 7:06:03 PM Central Standard Time,
hillaryrg at yahoo.com writes:

Ansteorran scribes -
A question was recently posed to me, and I  thought I'd find out what you
guys thought.

If a gentle paints  charters, paints them well, and paints lots of them...
but only paints  charters, doesn't design the illumination or do
calligraphy....
should  they be recommended for a:
Sable Crane - for the service they are doing?
Sable Thistle - for the artwork they are doing?

If a Sable  Thistle?  should the category be:
- Illumination?  - perhaps one  who designs and paints their illuminations?
- Charter Painting? - found 1  Ansteorran who has received a thistle in this
category.
- Limning?   -  defined as 'to draw or paint', 'line drawings', 'painter of
portraits'.
- Artwork?  - or would artwork be too generic a  term.

Let me know what you guys thing,
Hillary

I would think a Sable Crane for service - painting other  people's designs,
lots of them, for the kingdom and doing it well.

A Sable Thistle should be to recognize the artist's skill and donation  of
designs to be used by the kingdom.

Ciard O'Seachnasaigh