[Scriptoris] Scribal Policies and Procedures

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 17:08:27 PDT 2007

Greetings Gorm,
  Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, been a very busy week with half the office staff out on vacation.

  Ah, Yes, individual scribes can receive blank charters to paint, just as a scribes guild can.
  The College of Scribes tries to hand scrolls out through branch representatives when possible, as Scribes Guild Principals can keep up with the charter distributions between their members and the Regional Scribe.

  However, there are branches that don't have a Scribes Guild, so those individuals should go directly to the Regional Scribe for blank charters to paint and any other guidelines and instructions the Regional can provide.   Regional Scribe's contact info can be found in the Black Star and online at the Ansteorran Scribe's Website.

  Be sure to contact the Regional Scribes in advance if you wish to receive scrolls and turn in scrolls at an event.  Most Regionals do carry a scribe's travel box with a small set of scrolls, but may not have backstock available at the event if you haven't made prior arrangements for scrolls.

  While I'd encourage individuals to receive blank scrolls to paint from the Regional Scribe and to develop that artistic relationship with the Regional; you can also get blank charter awards from Star Signet, if scrolls are available - again, communicate in advance your request for scrolls.

  Hope that helps,
  Cheers, Hillary

Robert Brown <texas_roberttash at yahoo.com> wrote:
  My local Group does not have a set scribal guild. While HE Deanna does have some scrolls she has offered, these are finite. Can I request charters directly, and who from?

Gorm