[Scriptoris] Pigments and mullers and binders, oh, my!

hsetrinity at aol.com hsetrinity at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 07:30:18 PDT 2007

Some of these suppliers carry the paper that I reviewed...

John the Artificer carries calfskin vellum on an irregular basis - best to call and see when he will get some in. Right now, he's gearing up for Pennsic, so he may or may not have any available for internet sales.

The synthetic “elephant hide” vellum that  we discussed is sold in the US under Wyndstone Marble and can be found at:
http://www.texasart.com
http://www.gpcpapers.com
http://www.phoenixartsupply.com

You can order swatches from most of these places to see which weight would work best for you.

Dick Blick and Texas Art Supply, as well as your local Michael's and Hobby Lobby, carry Fabriano and Arches papers, although the Hot Press is a little more difficult to find at the local shops.

Other good, usable synthetic parchments, such as pergamenata (which I personally recommend), parchmentine and opaline (spam) vellum can be found at:

www.talasonline.com
www.paperinkarts.com
www.johnnealbooks.com

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Suzanne