[Scriptoris] Scribal Documentation

Meggan Cividanes harperaria at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 11:49:32 PST 2007

Greetings,

  I have found that the usual 'what is needed' for documentation as asked for by Ansteorra (what you did, how you did it, how was it done in period, what were your materials, etc...) seems to work fine for me when I'm documenting original works.

  Something I personally like to include is graphics of the specific images that demonstrate the style used, often the ones that inspired me in the first place, since that is evidence for the fact that a particular element of the artwork is period that is hard to argue with. These make it much simpler to discuss method and design.

  with joy in service,
  Lillias

Hillary Greenslade <hillaryrg at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Greetings,
A number of scribes have been asking me how to write up proper documentation for their original scrolls. So, in order to answer get the ball rolling, I want to suggest you check out various kingdom Arts and Science pages, as there are often articles on writing documentation. However, you have to be careful, as some other kingdom standards are not the same.

Ansteorra's Arts and Science webpage, has a number of article on it for documentation:
http://moas.ansteorra.org/
Check out the judging forms in the menu list on the left, that will give you an idea on what the judges are looking for.

The boxes in the top of the page, specifically 'Handbook for Artisans of Ansteorra' and 'The State of the Arts' have a number of articles and ideas about documentation. So, I'm giving you homework to do.

Any of you scribes have suggested guidelines for scribal documentation??