[Scriptoris] Gulf Wars 18 Scribal Class listing...to date

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 30 15:56:23 PST 2008

Greetings,
This is the current list for the Gulf Wars Scribes Point classes:
- Insular Miniscule Hand, Thomas atte Woode, Ansteorra
- Bastarda Hand, Thomas atte Woode, Ansteorra
- Curing and Cutting Feather Quills, Hillary Greenslade, Ansteorra

Regularly, gentles ask to learn the scribal arts... well, this is your opportunity to share what you know:
* Your class doesn't have to be master level to be offered at Gulf Wars.
* If your class is kingdom specific, folks from your kingdom will be attending Gulf Wars.
* If you are shy and want to teach only 4 people, we can do that, those four people will go back to their kingdoms and share the knowledge.
* If you can't afford to do a hands-on class with all the necessary materials, then do a demo-class, where you SHOW us how it's done.
* If expense is an issue, then charge the students for your materials and handout, a lot of teachers are now burning CD's rather than printing papers and charging a fee for the CD (bring 1 hardcopy so they see what their getting.)
* If you are 65% sure you are attending Gulf Wars this year, then send in your class to be printed in the booklet...you can always cancel if you don't get to attend.

Ok, I'm at the begging stage! :-)
I've been posting for three months now about scribal classes at Gulf Wars, and the first classes come from a member of my own Barony (thanks Thomas!).  I know you guys have great classes to offer, as I see them listed on your A&S and Symposium websites!

The time is NOW to get those cards and letter in and submit your class proposal for Gulf Wars 18!  I need the classes submitted by Dec. 31st to make the site book.

Looking forward to seeing scribes at Gulf Wars,
Cheers, Hillary Greenslade
Gulf Wars Scribes Point 18
hillaryrg at yahoo.com

(PS - someone please forward to the Meridies Scribes list, I've not been able to subscribe.)