[Scriptoris] Scribal Classes at Kingdom A&S

hsetrinity at aol.com hsetrinity at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 19:12:44 PST 2008

To al of you who were able to attend my first meeting at Round Table as Star Signet, thank you for coming! I learned a great deal about what the College of Scribes would like to see from their Kingdom and Regional Signets in the upcoming months, as well as?meeting some of our first-time charter painters. A special thanks to all?of you who were able to come and paint charters in service to the Crown and Kingdom.
One of the topics that we discussed is the possibility of a class (or two) that you would like to see at Kingdom Arts and Sciences while the attendees are waiting for the judging to be completed. The Laurels of Ansteorra?labor very arduously and deliberate for some time in order to ensure that the competitors scores are as?balanced and justifiable as possible. Because of their hard work, we will have several hours to play, paint charters, and take classes!
As of Round Table,?I know of the following classes that people are interested in: Vellum preparation for scrolls, Creating Paint from Pigment, Period Tools, Gold Leaf, Whiteworking, Highlighting, and Calligraphy (various hands). I am able to teach classes on any of these subjects, and can find teachers for more if needed, but know that?many people?wear their finest court clothing to this event, and some of these classes are VERY messy and need to be either outdoors or in a VERY well-ventilated area (i.e. making paint from pigment). Are there any classes that you would like to see specifically at Kingdom A&S?

Thanks!
Suzanne