[Scriptoris] Gulf Wars Scribes Point Reminders

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 17:22:23 PDT 2009

Greetings Scribes,

Just a few quick reminders about Scribe's Point at Gulf Wars this next week.

SCRIBE'S POINT:
- Paints, brushes and pre-paint scrolls available to paint during the week from Sunday afternoon to Friday night.  Please bring own supplies if you can, else some available to borrow. Some papers will be available from those kingdom Quartermasters that provide them.

- Sign in/out on Volunteer Sheets for painting and teaching; Volunteer time will gain you prizes, and funds for your designated branch.

- Chits for Volunteer Point hours maybe picked up the following day.  If you don't pick them up, we don't turn them in.

SCRIBES POINT CLASSES
- Classes held in white garage pavilion adjacent to the building.

- Student signin sheets for classes handed out by the teacher; they will be turned into the A&S Collegium each evening to count for those kingdoms that have Royal University and for budget purposes based on student participation.

- Please bring class supplies if able, related to the class, such as notebook, sketchpad, calligraphy pen - ink - paper for calligraphy classes and paints - pallettes - brushes for illumination classes.  Very Limited loaner supplies maybe available.

- Please bring correct change for teacher handouts/supplies, as suggested.

- Some classes may have student limits for hands-on materials, but may allow students to 'audit', please ask the teacher.

SCRIBE'S POINT SOCIAL- Wednesday Night 8-Midnight
- bring portfolios to show-n-tell
- bring snacks to share, some provided, BYOB
- Scribal DVD and CD's shown
- bring wrapped exchange gift, value $15 or less.

SETUP/TAKE DOWN:
Setup - Saturday, 3/14 for early-on staff.
Take down - Saturday, 3/21, Volunteers Welcome.

HOSTS:
Sign up for 3 hr slots to assist new scribes wandering in with getting settled with supplies and started painting.

Let me know if there are any questions.
I look forward to seeing you all at Gulf Wars at Scribe's Point,
Cheers, Hillary Greenslade