[Scriptoris] Need some help

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Sat May 2 12:42:19 PDT 2009

You didn't specify a country, so wonder if that matters?
Might be an extra if you do the piece in the history of their names, ie. french, german, italian.  And it also may help you narrow down your search of illuminations to emulate.  It maybe a help if you consider the church the wedding is being held in, ex: if Lutheran, then consider a German text or illumination.

If Jewish, you have the wedding contract and there should be lots of historical sources for that.  If not Jewish, you may still be able to use the verbage of the Hebrew contact as a source.

If Christian, you may want to use some scripture as source, either:
Ruth 1:16-17 - where Ruth tells her Mother-in-Law that she would go with her till death. Many will use this text in reference to marriage as well.
Song of Solomon - lots of love text sources there, tho you may have to skirt around the specific sexual themes if this is to be less private of a piece.
I Cor 13 - the love chapter (some Bibles use the word 'charity' for 'Love').

Good luck, Hillary