[Scriptoris] Need some help

Elaine eshc at earthlink.net
Sat May 2 18:56:06 PDT 2009

I know you said you wanted something besides a declaration of
marriage thing, but if you can't find an illuminated piece, could you
adapt a wedding scene that is in a painting made to confirm the
wedding?  Most of the ones out there are the couple touching hands,
sometimes with witnesses around. I have resorted to adaptations on
occasion. Just pretend that you can't draw or paint realistically.
(giggle)

There is an illumination of Adam and Eve (with strategic leaves on
Eve) for Genesis in the Naples Bible (OT) from about 1360 from a
studio in Naples. They are facing each other at arms length, touching
hands (or exchanging the fruit?) with a stylized palm tree and a
serpent coiled around it. There are other plants in front of her and
in the background. Behind the plants is a diapered field with a
diamond pattern to the colors. I guess that, since they were created
for each other and no other humans were around to perform a
traditional wedding ceremony, much less witness it, the illumination
could be the closest one could come to a "wedding picture" of them.
(more giggles)

That's the best  I can do for now. Maybe someone can direct you to a
better example?
BTW, I would put clothes on your couple if you choose to use the Adam
and Eve illumination as a reference point----unless your giftees are
pretty broad minded. (ROLF!)

YIS,

HL Lete Bithespring