[Scriptoris] Scanning Large Images?

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 14:55:35 PST 2009

Depending on the flexibilty of your base ground, you might try
anyplace that can copy/scan engineering or architechual drawings.
Most of the last format scanners I've dealt with would pull in the
drawing to scan it, but it doesn't always kept it flat

alex

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Deanna della Penna <estencele at gmail.com> wrote:
> Question for all you talented artists! What do you do when you have an
> image larger than a flatbed scanner?
>
> I did one piece that was too large to fit, and tried scanning it in
> segments, then patching it together in Photoshop. That didn't work out
> too well-- the colors from one quarter to another would be off, etc.
>
> I tried taking a picture with my camera, but all of my pictures looked
> like photos of a picture. :o)
>
> I tried visiting my local printer (which shares office space with the
> local newspaper) to see if they were able to scan large images, but it
> turns out the printer only made physical printing plates, and all the
> newspaper had to work with was small flatbed scanners like my own.
>
> Any other ideas? I have some more large pieces in progress that I'd
> really like to get captured before I get them framed.
>
> Thanks!
> -Deanna

So much to do and so little attention span to get it done with…